Royal Buying Group is a merchandising and marketing company offering a membership program to independent retailers throughout the country. Since 1995 we have benefited our members by selecting, negotiating, implementing and tracking the best vendor programs on our member’s behalf. Currently we represent over 5500 locations throughout the country and offer programs with hundreds of National Vendors. By joining our membership, your location will be eligible for national chain rebates and allowances.
Our goal is to:
- Increase Non-Fuel Revenue
- Enhance Profitability and,
- Reduce Administrative Costs
Membership fees are never an out-of-pocket expense, membership fees are deducted directly from the quarterly rebate check we send you.
We categorize our stores in three groups: A location, B location & C location. –
- A location is over 1000 square feet or more and is $500.00 for the year
- B location is in between 1000-500 square feet and is $400.00 for the year
- C location is < 500 square feet and is $300.00 for the year
+ 10 % Administrative Fee based off of the rebates we earn for you on your quarterly rebate checks. If you choose to go on our tobacco program, the 10% Administrative Fees do not apply to tobacco payments.
No. Membership fees are deducted from each location’s quarterly rebate check distributed by RBG.
RBG mails a Vendor Programs manual to all of its members, on an annual basis. The manual includes the name of the vendor and the program elements. Throughout the year, the manual should be referenced for information regarding RBG details and how to take advantage of these offerings. Vendor programs are also posted on the RBG website – www.royalbuying.com.
- Programs are also introduced through e-News, which is a digital magazine you will receive on a weekly basis.
- You will receive our magazine “The Competitive Edge” each month also introducing vendor programs and special promotions.
- E-mails and faxes are sent throughout the year with program changes and new program introductions.
- To help answer any questions regarding programs, you will be assigned an Account Representative from RBG, who will contact you once per month.
There is no need to change your ordering process, as long as you are using a RBG authorized distributor. Purchases from wholesale clubs are not eligible for rebates, i.e. Sam’s Club, Costco, etc. Again, RBG will take some orders from selected items that will be published in “The Competitive Edge”, to ensure the member receives all allowances from promoted product. These orders will be forwarded and delivered by your distributor.
Payments are mailed on a quarterly basis, 45 days after the quarter ends. The checks are mailed with a detailed report; referenced by vendor, program payment and amount received. This allows a retailer to verify the rebates from the appropriate vendors. For members on the RBG tobacco program, tobacco payments are made on a monthly basis.
Payments are based on your actual purchases. The qualifiers will vary by vendor, as described in the Vendor Programs manual. RBG tracks your purchase through velocity information received from wholesalers and direct sale distributors. The purchase information is then sent to RBG’s national office, where they are sorted for the vendor and submitted for your rebates.
Vendors are notified of all new members once a month. It could take up to a quarter to start receiving new member velocity information.
Average rebates earned are based on each member’s level of program participation, depending on the size of your location and your participation, rebates can vary. You can contact RBG for additional information.
Complete our online form today!, or complete the membership application and fax back to: 630-353-7990, or Contact Angela Angelilli, Director of Sales at 888-728-3724 x7951